Orthopedics Community
Non Union 2 Level ACDF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Non Union 2 Level ACDF

I need help...I am afraid.  I had a 2 level ACDF C 5/6 and C 6/7 with a DePuy Eagle Plate and 6 screws in November 2010.  I went into heart failure - High Grade 2nd Degree AV Block after the surgery ( now with Pacemaker ) and continued with neck/shoulder/head/arm pain and numbness in right hand.  I found out last November that I have NoN Union of C 6/7 and I have been in fear ever since.  I am afraid of having surgery again and I do not know who to go to to get help?  My pain is unbearable!  My quality of life is zero.  The only releif i get is when i am walking.  Can someone please help me?  Sad in Central Pennsylvania
Talk with your cardiologist. If he thinks the heart can take it then you should consider another surgery. But if possible from a different neurosurgeon.Go to P.T.
My 1st surgery was with an Orthopaedic Surgeon and he used cadaver bone on 2 levels.  I would like to use my own bone this time.  What do you think?