Non union of distal fibula
I have a non union of the distal fibula ranging from 0-4mm I underwent ORIF in mid April consisting of 6 screws, a plate, and a temporary trans tibular pin. I've have been non weight bearing on my fractued led ever since. I started using a bone growth stimulator 2.5 weeks ago at the request of my doctor. So far little growth has been dmonstrated. It is now June 27.

My Orthopedic surgeon tells me that the non union is not a concern. He stated that the only reason the did the ORIF was to ensure my ankle was realigned properly. He states that i should be able to run, play soccer... even if my bone never heals. Does this sound legitimate?
Basically with children the fibula fracture heals but with increase in age it becomes difficult. With time, rest, bone growth stimulator there is always a chance of fibular repair. Hope for the best and with ORIF and Physiotherapy you will be able to walk and put some weight on that leg. You can always take a second opinion to be sure about this near another orthopaedician. Take care!