Numbness and pain in foot after total knee replacement
Why am I having numbness and pain in my foot after total knee replacement?  It really hurts.....one physician is giving me Lyrica.  Any info on this will be appreciated.
It will take time to recover for inflammation after surgery,don't worry! You will be fine!
I wish you were right on this one. I don't think you are. I had my right knee replaced four years ago and the numbness in my feet never went away. I recently had my left knee replaced and now the numbness has increased from just the ball of my feet to all except the heal area on both feet. I believe it is a result of the Epidural for pain.
I have been checked for nerve sensation and they don't find anything wrong, but that doesn't keep it from feeling numb.
Worse than this is the uncontrolable itching all over my body that started when I got the first replacement, got better over the years, then came back full force after the last surgery. Doctors have prescribed Benadryl and other antiallergic drugs but they don't help. Finally my dermatoligist prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonide Ointment which gave me some relief about 2 years after the first surgery. Even that doesn't help the itching that has developed after the last surgery.
I do have pain in my heal and shin from the last surgery which was only 4 weeks ago. This pain is much worse than the pain around the knee joint which is almost gone now.
After the first replacement I had a knot in the muscle behind the right knee that didn't go away for over a year.