Orthopedics Community
Numbness in left index finger and left heel of foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

My 14 year old son woke up this morning and complained of numbness in his left index finger (above the joint) and numbness in his left heel.  He stated that this has happened to him on several occasions (4th incident) when waking in the morning. I don't know how long the numbness last, but he awoke at 6am and left for school at 7:45 am and he was still numb in both places.  What is causing this? Should I be overly concerned?  What type of physician should he see?  He has never injuried his left hand or his foot.  He has never had any surgeries.  Please help. Seeking answers
Tags: numbness