OPEN SHOULDER SURGERY POST OP PAIN
2 weeks ago I had an open shoulder surgery for dislocation {over 125+} I also have fibromyalgia{but haven't had any flare ups in months before & this doesn't seem like any flare up I had. Since the surgery the pain hasn't lessened by much even on the Vicodin ES I was given which I take with Motrin 800 & Flexeral.I average 2hr sleep before I awaken from the pain It can be compared to how it used to feel when it was dislocated {though it is not} or how it would feel when they put it back in there is also burning pain that I feel that goes to the bone the incision is healing fine no discharge & almost closed up.

But I wanted to know is this pain normal to have this long?My surgeon doesn't acknowledge my fibromyalgia & brushes me off & it is hard to book an appointment or get advice & his staff is very rude as well.So hopefully I get some answers on this thank you in advance {My next appt with him is May 15 to start physical therapy}
Hi there!

It is common to experience pain/ discomfort following a surgery. This occurs due to the associated inflammation and is likely to subside with time in a few weeks as healing takes place and inflammation subsides. Meanwhile it is advised to continue with the prescribed pain/ anti-inflammatory medication to help relieve the pain. Physiotherapy should be initiated as scheduled.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you for your response