Odd wrist pain
I have some pain in my right wrist where my wrist and thumb connect.  When I pick up heavy things it hurts, not unbearable but not pleasant.  I can pop the third thumb joint every now and then by pulling on the thumb or squeezing the wrist and it feels wonderful to do, usually in the morning when I wake up.  The pain stops.  I have no weakness at all, just pain.  I skateborded as a kid and had my share of falls, I'm twenty six now.  I used to pop that third joint by pulling on my thumb as a kid, usually after falls.  This just started up again recently.  Any ideas and possible things to do like a brace?  
I think you have are having either loose ligaments or bone fracture resulting in pain. You should be seeing an orthopaedician to examine and evaluate regarding your diagnosis and get imaging studies done to see for actual cause.
I think X-ray AP and lateral view will help come to closer to diagnosis.
Keep me informed if you have any queries.
Bye.
you might want to look into a possible schiphoid fracture. thats what it sounds like to me.