Old 2nd metatarsal fracture in right foot
My right foot was fractured in December 2002 (during European winter)  but the doctor who attended to me at the time said there was no fracture.  I had pain every day and my foot was really swollen.  Then in 2005 I went to a different doctor and explained my problem.  He immediately sent me for X-rays which confirmed his suspicion that the foot was broken.  

I had surgery in 2005 and stayed with pins or metal to rejoin the 2 bones together.  The surgeons had to operate and take a small piece of bone from my right hip and placed it between the 2 bones in my right foot to try and rejoin them.  Unfortunately I continued to have pain until it eventually became really difficult for me to walk even 100 meters. I went back to the hospital where a scan and X-rays were done.  I went through a second operation last year 2010 to remove the pins/metal that was inserted previously.  During the operation, however, the surgeons found that the fracture did not heal, it is still existing.  I have pain every day.  Please give me advice on what I should do.  The doctors had suggested another op but there is no guarantee that the fracture will heal.

Thanks.
Hi there!

Well, for a persistent non-union, a re-surgery/ graft placement may be undertaken though the chances of healing or persistence of fracture cannot be predicted on an individual basis. Autologous bone marrow/ stem cell therapy is another technique may be used to stimulate healing and repair. You may like to discuss the options in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this helps.

Take care!

Thanks so much for your response to my problem.

Your suggestion has been noted and I plan to bring it up with my Doctor and see how it goes.

Be blessed.