Outgrow knee issues?
When I was 11 I was diagnosed with Patella Femoral Syndrome, Patella Sublexation, and Patella Tendonitis.  I was told that I would grow out of most of it by the time I was 18.  I am 26 now.  My knee cap still moves all over the place and is almost always inflamed.  I was prescribed naproxen for inflammation, but I don't find much resolution with that.  I was given crutches and 2 different knee braces to hold my knee cap in throughout my teenage years.  From time to time I still need the braces.  I have loose ligaments throughout my body and don't know if this is the cause for me not outgrowing it? I often find it's worse during bad weather, and when I go to bed at night, I started putting pillows under my knee for some comfort but it will still keep me up for a while. I still do the physical therapy exercises I had to do when I went to pt near onset.  Is there a way to tell which of the ailments is still bothering my knee and if I really did outgrow my patella femoal syndrome?
Hi there!

Patella femoral syndrome, patellar subluxation, and patellar tendonitis need to be managed appropriately when symptomatic with knee rest, braces/ trackers, NSAIDS and physical therapy. Most people respond well to management and can return to normal activities in sometime, however some people continue to have symptoms where the condition becomes chronic. Yes, laxity of ligaments could be related to a few connective tissue disorders which could possibly be related to your knee symptoms as well. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician if these could be related an appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!