Orthopedics Community
PCL tear and subsequent joint pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PCL tear and subsequent joint pain

New here, appreciate any help. I tore my PCL and medial meniscus in my right knee 3 years ago, and got the meniscus fixed, but not the PCL. I've seen a doctor recently because its been hurting, and he said my knee cap is tracking laterally due to my knee alignment, and aggravated by the PCL tear. He gave me a cortisone injection and a neoprene brace but they haven't helped at all. He also mentioned a lateral release as an option to fix this, but I opted to try exercises I learned in PT and losing weight.

Problem is, since I started trying to exercise more, my opposite (left) hip is killing me, as well as my lower back. I explained the lower back pain to my Dad who has herniated disks and he said that sounded like what is is. My shoulder is also hurting more than normal and I'm not sure why. I've had multiple Grade 1 AC joint sprains, but it hasn't hurt this bad since the injury.

My (long winded) question is, are these symptoms most likely related to each other or separate? I can see everything but the shoulder being compensating for the knee. Also, if I did opt for surgery, would that help problems with compensating or make it worse? I'm getting a little tired of chronic pain, but I don't know what the best course of action is. Any recommendations?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank