PCL tear and subsequent joint pain
New here, appreciate any help. I tore my PCL and medial meniscus in my right knee 3 years ago, and got the meniscus fixed, but not the PCL. I've seen a doctor recently because its been hurting, and he said my knee cap is tracking laterally due to my knee alignment, and aggravated by the PCL tear. He gave me a cortisone injection and a neoprene brace but they haven't helped at all. He also mentioned a lateral release as an option to fix this, but I opted to try exercises I learned in PT and losing weight.

Problem is, since I started trying to exercise more, my opposite (left) hip is killing me, as well as my lower back. I explained the lower back pain to my Dad who has herniated disks and he said that sounded like what is is. My shoulder is also hurting more than normal and I'm not sure why. I've had multiple Grade 1 AC joint sprains, but it hasn't hurt this bad since the injury.

My (long winded) question is, are these symptoms most likely related to each other or separate? I can see everything but the shoulder being compensating for the knee. Also, if I did opt for surgery, would that help problems with compensating or make it worse? I'm getting a little tired of chronic pain, but I don't know what the best course of action is. Any recommendations?