PLEASE HELP
I WAS DIDNOSED WITH OSTERAPOSISIS AND BEEN TREATED FOR 3 YEARS AND NOW I JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE OSTERNOCOSIS OF THE JAW FROM THE MEDICATIONS AND I CAN TELL MY DOCTORS ARE WORRIED CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS AND THE DOCTORS HAVE TAKEN ME OFF ALL THE TREATMENTS FOR OSTEROPOSIS
Hi there!

Osteonecrosis or avascular bone necrosis is bone death caused by poor blood supply to the area.  Certain osteoporosis medications i.e. bisphosphonates, have been linked to osteonecrosis of the jaw, that can rarely cause rigorous destruction of the jawbone and subsequent collapse/ arthritis. Most patients can be treated with conservative surgical debridement and cessation of bisphosphonate therapy, whereas a few may require radical surgical intervention. Other factors such as smoking and alcohol that could worsen the condition may need to be avoided. You may like to discuss the management options in detail with your orthopedician and dentist.
Hope this helps.

Take care!