Orthopedics Community
PTTD surgery recovery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

PTTD surgery recovery

On Aug 13 I had PTTD surgery.  The description said "FDL to navicular transfer w/ calcaneal osteotomy w/mid foot inbrication w/ gastroc slide."  I am under strict instructions to not put any weight on the foot.  I get around on a rollabout.  Yesterday I leaned over to pick something up off the floor and lost my balance and began to fall over.  My foot hit the floor hard, with the impact being on the outside of my foot on that kind of fat pad right below my little toe.  It didn't hurt at all at first, but later began to ache.  It is still achy today.  The pain is not bad but is scaring me because I know I put weight on the foot.  My heel is not hurting, nor is the inside of my foot where the arch is.  It just aches on the outside part of my foot.  Would it do any good to call my doctor - is there anything he could even do at this point if I have hurt it?  Do you think I have ruined my surgery?  I am supposed to go back on Sept 28 for xrays.  I am so scared i have messed it up!