Orthopedics Community
Pain in Sprained Ankle OVER 4 MONTHS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Pain in Sprained Ankle OVER 4 MONTHS

I sprained my ankle (Inversion) about 5 months ago. When it initially happened the "doctor" gave me a boot, then a lace up brace and then tried to convince me that I was fine even though I knew I was not healed. About a month later, I went back to him, told him I was not better that I was starting to hurt worse and worse. He did another x-ray and found "nothing". I told him I was not satisfied, he sent me for an MRI and found my ligament was not healed. I was referred to a specialist. First visit he gave me a shot of a steroid and pain medicine mix. BAD IDEA!!!! Since then it seems like my symptoms have gotten worse and on top of that I am having muscle spasms. My pain is getting worse every day and it feels like my leg from the knee down is swollen and pain shoots from my ankle up into my knee and down into my toes. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know what to do! The doctor has an order in for me a CT scan. He wanted me to do PT but after 2 sessions I just could not do it! I am so frustrated! He has commented I will probably need surgery I was just curious if this sounds normal to anyone. Oh, and also if I wear a brace or anything like that it makes my pain WORSE. It seems like when I let pressure off like when I am sitting it increases the already constant pain. Thanks alot!