Orthopedics Community
Pain in Wrist and Arm Tendons
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in Wrist and Arm Tendons

I am an engineer that mostly sits a desk and get very little excercise.  About 8 weeks ago, I started experienceing pain in my right arm tendon where it connects to the bone.  Pain was worst at night, sometimes causing me to wake up.  Within a few weeks the other arm starting hurting in the same place.  The pain would usually go away after waking up and I started moving around.  Over the last 6 weeks, the pain has spread to include almost all of the tendons in the elbow and wrist areas on both arms.  Pain has started to also be present during the day but it is spordaic.  The other day the pain in my right wrist was so great that I could not hardly pick up the phone.  However, within an hour the pain was gone and I could move my wrist freely without pain.  Taking medication like Tynenol, Motrin, and Alieve do not appear to provide any relief.  Sometimes massaging the aching tendon will provide some relief but it is short lived.  The condition appears to be getting steady worse.  Pain in the wrist and elbow areas is almost condtinuous at about a 1 or 2 level with severe pain being a 10.  However pain will re-appear for 1 to several hours at a level of up to 7 or 8.  Slow, steady movements seem to provide the best relief.