Orthopedics Community
Pain in balls of feet shooting up legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Pain in balls of feet shooting up legs

I wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully I'm in the right place.

Over the last few days I have been having burning pain in the soles of my feet, this has gradually got worse and now have shooting pains going into my ankles and then into my legs when i walk. Today this has got worse and now have pain beneath my rip cage too, it hurts to move and the pain below my ribcage is stabbing every couple of minutes or so and lasts for around 15 seconds each time. The pain in my feet is constant.

I have no idea what this is and if it is at all related .....

I'm a 32 year old healthy women with a 'normal' lifestyle.

Advice would be great
Thanks for reading
Jen
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

I would suggest you to review all your medications and especially hormonal contraceptives if you are taking any of  them presently. I would suggest you to go for fasting blood sugar estimation to rule out diabetes and also check your blood pressure and blood hemoglobin values to rule out anemia. Take necessary precautions if diagnosed with any of these.

If you still continue having these symptoms then the best thing to do is to follow up with a neurologist.

Take care!