Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
Pain in my right hip, knee, and shin bone
This past week I have been having hip, knee and shin bone pain in my right leg only. This only happens when I am sleeping (and what wakes me up). The pain goes away almost immediately after I get up and walk around. I can't rub it away while lying down and all three mentioned above don't happen all at once. So far, my right hip is the most occurring, my knee second, and this morning I had moderate pain in my shin. I am inactive due to a totally unrelated condition that I suffer chronic pain from and I am legally disabled. As such, I find this bone pain in my right leg very odd. Any suggestions on what this could be?
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
There are a number of conditions that could trigger shin pain while sleeping, shin splints being the most obvious diagnosis - but there are several other possibilities.  

If there are any other ailments that you suffer from, then these might be related to your shin problems. People who have circulatory or heart problems often complain of pain in various parts of the body.

Another possible cause is fibromyalgia - a disorder that is related to a painful build up of pressure in the body.

Shin pain can also be a symptom of something called compartment syndrome, and in extremely painful cases might even be a sign that you have a compound fracture.

I would recommend visiting your doctor and getting him to give your a thorough checkup.  Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank