Pain in top of foot?? It's not gout.
I went to see my doctor last Friday because of a pain that just all of a sudden showed up on the top of my foot.  It hurts to try and flex my big toe up and down, but mostly up.  It hurts to the touch starting at the big toe joint up to the bone at the top (or middle) of my foot.  It's also painful to the touch from that bone to the ankle.  It's mostly painful to the touch, though, right in the middle of my foot at that bone that sticks out at the top of my foot.  Also, if I place my finger on the metarsal area and bend my big toe up and down, it squeaks, and I tried to make my other foot squeak like that, and of course, it didn't.  The doctor has already ruled out gout with blood tests and he said to give it another couple of days and to try and take it easy, that it could be tendonitis.  Does anyone have any idea what this could be?  All I know is that it hurts, and if I've fractured it somehow, I don't want to make it any worse by walking on it.  By the way, it doesn't hurt to walk on it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks
Hi there!

Aside gout, pain in the toes and foot can be caused by arthritis due to other reasons, fractures, dislocations/ subluxations, infections, inflammations like tendonitis, bursitis; nerve impingement/ compression, vascular issues degeneration, spurs, growths, masses etc. Without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine a specific cause. I would suggest keeping pace with your doctor regarding the investigation and management plan.
Hope this is useful.

Take care!