Pain on the outside of my left knee?
I have been having pain in my left knee. On the outside and lower part of it. It doesn't hurt when I do activities (running, walking,lifting). But when I sit still or lay down it starts to hurt. Also I have boot camp in 2 days. Should I postpone leaving? What can I do for this to help? Or can I run through the pain.
Hi there!

Well, without an evaluation it would be difficult to identify the cause of knee pain in your case. Possibilities include chondromalacia patellae, tendonitis, bursitis, fractures, patellar dislocation, injuries to the internal knee structures, inflammations, bone growths/ tumours, nerve injuries etc; just to name a few. I would suggest consulting a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an evaluation and appropriate management. Meanwhile you may try resting the knee with some OTC NSAIDS to relieve the pain.
Hope this helps.

Take care!