Orthopedics Community
Pain on top of foot and ankle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Pain on top of foot and ankle

I have had pain on the top of my left foot, along with pain in my ankle, for about a year and a half now. I have been to several doctors, and they have all had different diagnosis, from tendinitis to planter's facitis to a neurological problem. I have been taking a medication for the last 3 days for the neurological problem, and it has not done anything. I have completly baffled the doctors...suggestions on what I should do next would be appreciated. The pain, like I said, is on the top of my foot and my ankle, and is mostly a throbbing. My foot does not swell very often, and I do have renoids in my toes (and hands too!). I am looking for any insight into what this might be, or if anyone else is having the same issues. Thanks!
Hello.

This may be a vascular pain. The area could be getting less of blood supply in certain positions. Since you have Raynaud's symptoms, this looks a probable explanation. There are tests to check for vascular insufficiency. Please discuss this issue with your doctor and get it examined.

Regards