Pain post tibial intermedullary nail removal
I had a tibial fracture a year back. An intermedullary nail was inserted with supporting screw. The screw was removed six months after the surgery. I had the nail removed 15 days back (14 months after the fracture).

The stitches are removed, but I am having discomfort in my knee. Every time I bend my knee, I am experience pain and I have a feeling as if something is moving inside.
The doctor said, bone was scrapped out to remove the rod so there might be more pain. Will this subside with time or will it continue.

Pls can someone guide me.
Hi there! I had my IM nail removed 2 months ago.I still have some knee pain but it is getting better.I,too, was getting really concerned as my knee was the only place I didn't have issues with up to that point but it is getting better.I suppose the reason the pain wasn't so bad when they put it in was because we were immobile and after the removal I was trying to get around almost immediately. Hope this is of some help.