Painful Blisters
I started a new job (it's been a month) where i'm constantly walking around for 8-9 hours a day. The constant walking is causing very painful blisters on my heals & baby toes. The shoes i'm wearing are normally comfy shoes, but not when i'm on my feet constantly walking for so long. I've tried to help the friction by using moleskin covers & even bandaids. NOTHING i've tried relieves any pain. I work 5 days a week & it is horribly painful to have to put ANY shoes on because of these blisters (except for flip flops -- but can't wear these to work) My 2 days off a week are not in a row...so have one day where i can let my feet breathe & not be in constant pain is not enough time for them to heal.
Also, on top of the painful blisters, my ankles & knees have been in constant pain as well. Half way through my day they throb so bad it makes just walking a painful chore. When i get home for the day, my ankles & knees are throbbing so bad all i want to do it sit on the couch with a heating pad on them. I've been taking glucosamine for years & with my old job it worked great! But that job was standing all day....NOT having to constantly walk for 8-9 hours.
Please HELP!!!

Hi there!

I would suggest changing your shoes to something that’s more comfortable and low heeled. It is also advised to wear socks to prevent frictional injury, which is responsible for the blisters. As for the current blisters you could try using bandaids or gauze dressings, though it may be sometime before they heal.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!