Orthopedics Community
Painful to the touch where calf and ankle meet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I had a 3rd degree ankle sprain 3 weeks ago and still have mild swelling and stiffness (normal I know) but am wondering if it is normal to have the part of my leg where the ankle and the calf meet be sore to the touch. I shave my legs and it hurts when I barely run a razor over that area. Just mild pain but all around the leg not on one side or the other. When I wear a brace with plastic re-enforcement or the aircast it cause quite a bit of discomfort touching my lower leg. I had xrays and no break but doctor did little or nothing beyond that other that tell me the RICE which I knew being an ex- athlete. I am not over-weight and am resting it a good deal waiting for it to heal.