Partial Knee Replacement & Continue Running
Looking for a quick response. Have any of you orthopedists performed any kind a knee replacement on a runner (marathoner) who continued running with success? I have 24 more states to complete to have done them all. If not recommended, do I just go on until the pain is unbearable, get the operation, and stop running/walking? Is there middle ground? If so, what is it? Thanks in advance. - Paul
Hey Paul!

Though I have not personally performed a TKR on a marathoner, running isn’t typically advised after a TKR, since it runs the risk of increased wear and tear of the replacement and subsequent complications. Though not recommended, one can still run after a replacement following adequate physiotherapy and training activities (at your own risk). You may consider discussing the situation as to when would a TKR be appropriate and the pros and cons in detail with your treating orthopedician.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thanks, Dr Kaul, for your reply. I'll look into physiotherapy and determine what they way adequate may be. - Paul