Orthopedics Community
Partial Knee replacement
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Partial Knee replacement

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a "Partial" knee replacement? How different does your knee feel now? I had a meniscus tear and had surgery on it over a year and a half ago. My knee feels worse now and we have tried everything. Newest Xray show I am rubbing bone on bone on the inside of the knee, but the outside is normal. Injections no longer work as well as pain meds.  Any advice?
Related Discussions
Hello!

The partial knee surgery may be possible if your arthritis in the knee is confined to a limited area. If the arthritis is widespread, then the partial knee replacement is not appropriate.

Go for an MRI and get it commented by an expert radiologist. Partial knee replacement will be appropriate if you are above 50 and also if you have intact ligaments such as ACL.

It is a minimally invasive partial knee replacement procedure with failed conservative treatments such as intake of pain killers, weight loss programmes and steroid shots.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank