Orthopedics Community
Patella Pain Returning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Patella Pain Returning

About a year ago I had major knee problems which I never got a clear answer for, doctors gave me different answers from quadricep tendonitis, IT band tendonitis, and jumpers knee due to a lack of flexibility or overuse. The pain was directly on top of my patella and was excruciating when I put strain on it, squat or lunge.  As a result I had to stop sports all together for my winter and spring seasons of my senior year to do physical therapy that did not make much of a difference. Instead I took a year off doing nothing with my legs and that actually seemed to solve the problem. After a year though I have finally started to retrain on it, lifting and running to prepare for an upcoming lacrosse tryout at college. As a result the pain is coming back in the same place but I am continuing to work on my flexibility and leg strength to counteract it. I still don't know what exactly the problem is and I don't have much faith going back to a doctors office or physical therapy that doesn't really help. Does anyone know any way I can actually treat this?