Orthopedics Community
Pectus Carinatum Hurting?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Pectus Carinatum Hurting?

I have Pectus Carinatum, and i know i do for sure because a doctor diagnosed me with this. So far i have seen many doctors, and had little answers. Finally, i was reffered to a Cardioloigst and they said the problem wasn't my heart. So now I'm going to visit Childrens Hospital to visit with a surgeon to see what can help. I just wandered has anybody else has chest pain with Pectus Carinatum. The pain is a 10 on a scale of 1-10. Thanks for your feedback!
Hi there!

Though pectus carinatum could result in slight discomfort, it is unlikely to cause severe pain. With increased pain levels other possibilities relating to inflammation/ injuries to the chest wall, respiratory tract or cardiovascular system may need to be considered. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary pediatrician and depending on the cause diagnosed or suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi there!

Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you! Im actually getting surgery in a few weeks so remove the issue to see if it makes the pain go away. Thanks for your answer!