Orthopedics Community
Pelvic and Thigh Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Pelvic and Thigh Pain

Last night I had pelvic pain and it kind of felt like menstrual cramps so I didn't really pay too much attention to it. But, I also started experiencing pain down my left thigh (both inner and outer), it felt like a toned-down charlie horse and I felt weak and if I put weight on that leg, the pain and weakness became worse.  Ice pack was not working so I applied a heat patch both to my thigh and pelvic area overnight, and the feelings had seemed to go away. Now that I've been up for approximately 2 hours, I feel a dull throbbing in my thigh again, and do not want a repeat of last night. Any ideas what may be causing this? It was very scary last night.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include genitor-urinary causes such as infections/ inflammations, GI causes, issues at the level of the spine/ hip etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi there!

Hope this is helpful.

Take care!