Orthopedics Community
Peroneal tendon repair and subluxation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Peroneal tendon repair and subluxation

I had peroneal tendon repair and subluxation in May of this year followed all of the doctors orders. With in the last month I was still having quite a bit of pain in the area behind the ankle bone and the tendon was extremely tight. The other night I was doing something and felt a pop in the area, now there is little pain and no tightness in the area where the subluxation was done, I have also been having the feeling of popping or moving of that tendon as I did before surgery. Is it possible I tore the repair? How easy is if for that to happen?
Hi there!

I am not sure about the type of injury and the repair that as done but yes, it is a possibility; though it not very easy. Other possibilities include ligamental injuries, dislocation or a tear at some other region. It would be best to get this evaluated by your orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thank you! I had another MRI they thought they saw another tear further up the tendon so I had surgery the first of October when they got in there there was no tear only some fraying and lots of scar tissue. I went two weeks no weight and six weeks in a boot. I have now been doing therapy for about 4 weeks and I am still having a lot of pain in the front of my ankle towards the outside of my foot and along the bottom of my foot right below the 5th meditarsal. Should I be concerned or is this just part of the healing?