Pinky Fracture: What to do?
As the topic suggests, my pinky is fractured. It was originally thought to be a dislocation, but after further investigation of the X-Ray, I found out that it ws a slight fracture (Or so my dad says). I questioned him about it, and he said that we are going to be going to the orthapedist in about 5 days, and I just want to know a few things.

I do not have complete mobility of my pinky right now. It's able to go from straight to 165 degrees angled. Now it barely gets to 90 degrees without pain. Willl I need to excercise the finger for it to have full movement, or should I just let it heal.

Also, I have had my pinky taped up for a while. I only did a small tape to another finger, and now due to the news, I taped it up completely to the other finger, so the pinky doesn't move at all. The doctor gave me a splint, but the splint doesn't feel right when playing football, and I can't catch properly. Should I keep the full tape on, or should I place the splint on....(I know what you are going to say, but is it possible if I can just tape the entire finger to the left ring finger and use it as a "Tape" cast of sorts?)

And what is the approxomite time for this fracture to heal? Sottomg around with a screwed up pinky isn't exactly the best thing for a teen.

Well, thanks for reading and thanks in advanced for the replies.
Three weeks ago I injured my pinky finger.  The knuckle is swollen and has a funny color to it. I am wearing a splint.  I didn't go to the dr. as everyone says he will splint it too.  What should I do?