Pinky Pins
I had surgery on my pinky finger where I had fractured it.  Apparently I had 2 pins put in it.  Problem is, I was a miss know it all and took my stitches out myself.  Now 6 mths later I have had one pin come out of my finger.  The other is almost out.  Is this supposed to happen?  Apparently I dont know it all :o)
How are you feeling?
There are two things noteworthy, first that pins did not come out when you had actually taken out the stitches and second they have come out after 6 months of your stitch removal.
To tell you frankly, when you removed the stitches, it is possible that they were skin stitches which you have removed and your pins did not come out immediately.
Secondly, the normal bone healing time would have been 6 months; hence the pins would have come out.
I think at present your approach should be take x-ray of your pinky finger and see if the fracture still persists and if so then you should be seeing the surgeon again.
Keep me informed.
Bye.