Aa
A
A
Close
Pins and Needles/aching several weeks after surgery to remove hardware from ankle
Hello, Three and half years ago, I had an accident resulting in an open fracture of my right ankle and had to have surgery to insert a plate and several screws. After recovering from this I had no real issues for about two years, except a small amount of pain when I walked. However from last year the pain increased signficantly and I had real difficulty walking or standing for any length of time. The consultant recommended having the hardware removed and after quite a lot of careful consideration (as I did not want to go through another surgery. I decided to have the surgery. The surgery was a month ago and it went fairly well. I was not put under GA, but and injection was given in my back to numb the whole lower part of the body. For two and half weeks after the surgery I was fine except for the post surgery pain. However in the last two weeks, I have been suffering horrendous pins and needles in the foot, the side of the ankle is quite painful and continuous aching. What could be causing this, need help!
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank