Orthopedics Community
Please help, what does this mean????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Please help, what does this mean????

Hi, i'm new and hoping someone can answer me as to what this means. English please. I'm awaiting treatment over 3 months now got these mri results Tues. Been working the whole time everyday gets harder, pain worse and i am scared. Could I lose my leg??? Thanks in advance for any info.
There is a deficient anterior medial femoral condyle  and a shallow trochlear groove. The patella is laterally  tilted  and subluxed by approx. 4 mm. The proximal patellar tendon is mildly increased in signal. A note is made of prepatellar edema. There is mild surface irregularity of the patellar cartilage without evidence of a full thickness defect. The trochlear cartilage has a normal appearance. In the medial compartment, there is normal appearing hyaline cartilage. Degenerative signal is present within the medial meniscus body and posterior horn, however, there is no evidence of a discrete tear. Note is made of a small multiobulated Baker's cyst. There is no joint effusion. In the lateral compartment, there is no evidence of a hyaline cartilage abnormality. There is maceration of the lateral meniscus anterior horn without a definite discrete tear. The remainder of the lateral meniscus has a normal appearance. The cruciate and collateral ligaments are intact.

1. Lateral patellar tilt and sublex with mild patellar chondromalacia. There ia a shallow trochlear groove.

2. prepattellar edema

3. mild patellar tendinosis

4. lateral meniscus anterior horn maceration without definite discrete tear

5. lobulated small baker's cyst