Orthopedics Community
Please help me!!!! Shoulder pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Please help me!!!! Shoulder pain

I recently hurt my shoulder at work while lifting a 70lb box.  I have a problem where my shoulder subluxes voluntarily and involuntarily, but the orthopedic surgeon (who specializes in spines) told me that according to the MRI i just have a small tear in a muscle. My shoulder feels very lose and my orthopedic surgeon just called me the next Harry Houdini (which tells me he really doesnt take my pain seriously at ALL). It has been 4 weeks since the injury and it doesnt seem to be getting any better. The original diagnosis was shoulder impinegment. When I place my arm behind my back it makes a popping sound and hurts, it is weak, and I cant hold anything out in front of me. But the pain doesn't feel like a sharp pain but more of a aching pain. I want to know if there are any shoulder problems that cannot be seen by the MRI? They did not inject any dye into my shoulder during the MRI. I dont know if it is tendonitis, shoulder impinegement, the subluxation, or maybe calcium forming between the muscle and the clavicle. What tests can be done and do I need to see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulders? My shoulder is not the same as it was, I am in alot of pain and I know something is wrong. PLEASE HELP ME!
Also, I have been in a sling for 2 weeks and then physical therapy for 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Brianna (21yr old, active duty military)