Orthopedics Community
Positive discogram

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Positive discogram

I had Lumbar fusion of the L5-S1 last march. for severe lower back pain with it radiating down my right leg. I got no relief from this surgery. I had a positive result of a discogram to the L4-5. what are my options now?
Avatar n tn
Hi Wilber,
What do you mean by positive discogram results?
You have already had lumbar fusion surgery, hence now you have very limited option.
You can discuss with surgeon regarding fusion surgery again.
I think you need re-intervention in form instrumented fusion surgery.
Good luck.
Bye.
What I mean is they were able to duplicate my exact pain with the discogram. I this is the the pain I started with to begin with. I believe they jumped the gun and fused the wrong area. or there were 2 problem areas. I do not understand what you meen by about the re-intervention fusion surgery
Avatar n tn
Hi Wilber,
What I meant was exactly what you have put down that is, they need to repeat intervention surgically and plan to do fusion surgery again if they find spinal disc pathology existing.
You said they were able to reproduce similar kind of pain.
Was the pain distribution similar before fusion surgery?
What type of spinal disc pathology is reported according to Dallas classification?
Keep me informed.
Bye.