Post micro fracture surgery atrophy
I got a microfracture surgery back in early 2009 on my left knee and I my knee has never been the same. The surgery caused my knee and quads to atrophy and cause me severe pain, grinding and clicking in my knee.  I cannot run, jump rope, practice martial arts and climb stairs without experiencing excruciating pain. I am considering either ACI or OATS procedures and was wondering if there is anything else I should look into before making a decision.
I have lived an active lifestyle and I cannot imagine not engaging in sports and physical activity or living with this pain. I played soccer most of my life and I want to be able to play with my three year old son when he is a little older.
The thought of not being able to kick the ball around with my son breaks my heart and I am wondering if there are people out there who have recovered from something like this and if they did what was the procedure. Please help!