Post surgery ankle pain
I had ankle surgery in December 2008 for instabilty and pain in my ankle. The pain is worse than before the surgery. I'm not so sure that I even needed the surgery. I now have a numb big toe, stiffness and difficulty doing everyday things. I went back to my doctor eleven months after the surgery to tell him about my concerns. He suggested either doing cartlidge replacment or just giving it a little more time. Does it take that much time to heal? Do I just need to give it more time? Do I need to see a different doctor?

Hello!

I would suggest you to go for latest scans to understand the healing. I would also suggest you to take a second opinion.

You can start physiotherapy and wear proper footwear and take intermittent NSAIDs and try conservative treatment and if you cannot overcome the pain then you would need some intervention.

Take care!