Orthopedics Community
Probably Meniscus or chondromalacia patella
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Probably Meniscus or chondromalacia patella

I think this injury began at work, under a cublicle, while hooking up a computer.  I felt what was discomfort in my knee but ingnored it as it was a busy crazy day.  About a week later,  my knee really gave out on me.

Sidenote:  (I have for years been dealing  with plantar fascitis that has come and gone-I have flatter than flat flat feet)

I went to the ER and the DR thought it was a probable tear and told me to see an ortho DR.  Ortho DR took complete sets of Knee xrays and said bones were fine and it was probable meniscus or chondromalacia.  Was going on vacation and he gave me cortisone shot and crutches.  

A little after a month, shot wore off.  Having pain continually to the point of tears.  Taking aleve and tylenol.  Mornings are ok till I walk about 200 steps, then pain sets in and gradually gets worse all day.  I ice when I can, daily.  

In morning, I can do stairs (up) slowly but in the normal fashion.  I am 49, very overweight but working on it, female, with a youth history or waterskiiing, tennis, snowskiing. Getting up and down is an extreme issue lately.

I will most probably lose my job if I am out for surgery. Can Chiropractics help?  Any suggestions appreciated. I need my job but I have lost my mobility.