Orthopedics Community
Prolapse.......

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Prolapse.......

Dear Dr
I am having Disc Prolapse in neck since last 3 yrs.As a result my shoulders have become really hard.I tried every best treatment ranging from visiting various Orthos and Physiotherapist available but with no improvement.
My reports are-1)Loss of Cervical Lordosis
2)bulge of C4-C5 disc on left side compressing theca and left exiting nerve
3)Posterior diffuse bulge of of C3-C4 and C5-C6 indenting theca and both existing nerve

Even I underwent Electromyogram (EMG) and Nerve Conduction Studies which shows everything normal.

Recently I heard about Ozone Therapy.I read that in this therapy they will inject Ozone in the disc as a result the jelly like substance will be punctured and the pressure on nerve will be released.Is this therapy really good and can it be helpful in my case?

Regards
Pankajj
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

A spinal disc herniation is also sometimes called "disc prolapse". The aim of surgery is to cut out the prolapsed part of the disc. You can explore options of surgery if all other means of conservative treatment fails. Talk with an orthopedician.

Some people believe ozone has remarkable healing properties. Others have argued that such claims are non scientific and that ozone has no proven benefits. You have to talk with an expert orthopedician who is practicing ozone therapy and try out before going for surgery. Steroid injections can also be tried and you can take pain medications and you have to follow proper ergonomics in your daily living to control the pain.

Take care!