Prosterior displacement of collar bone
Playing a game of footy one day and i got tackled and landed side on and i felt my collar bone push in. turned out i had a slight prosterior displacement of my collar bone at the sternoclavicular join (think that is right), which in basis means that my collar bone got pushed back a bit where it connects to the sternum. Doctors decided that to put it back in when it was only slightly moved back would be too dangerous because of the risk of such surgery due to all the important stuff behind the collar bone so they decided to put me in a figure 8 brace for 3 weeks.

just wondering if at the end of my treatment when the injured area is full healed, will i get full movment of my arm without stiffness or any other effects due to the fact that the collar bone isnt in the right spot?

thanks heaps for your advice
Hi, in majority of patients recovery is full, with return of all movements. Posterior sternoclavicular dislocation is mainly associated with some complications in 25% of the patients like recurrent dislocation, pneumothorax, and rupture of underneath blood vessels. If it is just a sprain, prognosis is excellent. For more information do visit http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/TOPIC783.HTM