Pubis Fracture
I have Recently been involved in a car accident which I broke my left pelvis, more specific the pubis.

On my X-Ray I have noticed that the left pubis is 1.5 to 2cm higher that the right one, while my Doctor said to me that I will recover fine I am just still concerned regarding the slightly higher side causing me to limp once I have recovered fully.
Hello Dear,
What was the  treatment given for the fracture?If the pubic fracture is severe enough, with joint instability, then an external fixator is used to keep joint in place.
In some cases it is  reducible and the treatment option is to give rest and wait for healing.Most of the patients that undergo aggressive rehabilitation to restore muscle strength and flexibility do not have an abnormal gait.
You should continue with physical therapy exercises and just wait and watch as it might take some time for the leg to come to its normal.

Best
I have only cracked the bone and its not very severe, the only worry I have is if i am going to limp once it has healed regarding to the left side of the pubis being slightly higher (2cm) than the right (as shown on the X-ray)?

The treatment is rest and some exercises which i am doing at home

wonderkid

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend

wonderkid
Male, 19 years
Douglas
Member since Jul 2008  

Hello Dear,
It is good that there is only a crack and the fracture is not severe.The prognosis of such cases is good.Patients who undergo aggressive rehabilitation to restore muscle strength and flexibility do not have an abnormal gait.The possibility of limp
      seems to be unlikely.
      Best