Orthopedics Community
Pulled Finger
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pulled Finger

About a week ago I pulled my ring finger really hard opening a door.  The door mostly slipped from my grasp and I held on with just the tip of that one finger, and pulled it open (thinking "Sure, I'm strong enough to open this door with one finger!")  It was hard to pull so I gave it some muscle, and immediately regretted it.  It hurts, but I can work my fingers OK.  It's not the Jersey Finger that is the only thing I can find online.  I can't tell if I pulled a muscle or tendon or what.  Will it get better by itself?  There's no swelling or discoloration or anything, just some pain when I use that finger.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks!