Pulled Finger
About a week ago I pulled my ring finger really hard opening a door.  The door mostly slipped from my grasp and I held on with just the tip of that one finger, and pulled it open (thinking "Sure, I'm strong enough to open this door with one finger!")  It was hard to pull so I gave it some muscle, and immediately regretted it.  It hurts, but I can work my fingers OK.  It's not the Jersey Finger that is the only thing I can find online.  I can't tell if I pulled a muscle or tendon or what.  Will it get better by itself?  There's no swelling or discoloration or anything, just some pain when I use that finger.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks!
Go for an X-ray to find out if you have damaged a bone or not. If you have fractured then you need a splint or strapping with a neighbouring finger.
If it is just soft tissue pain, you need to rest the movements of the finger and anti inflammatory drugs.
Take care!