Quadricep strain on upper thing
Couple days ago I strained the muscle in my very upper, front thigh on left leg, I guess that would be the quadricep.  I was on my knees, and it just stretched a little bit too much and I felt a twinge. Now, it hurts when I bend down or bend my lleft eg behind me, and is sore to the touch.  Any sense of how long something like this might take to heal?  Any particular off the shelf medicines I could take for it?  Also, is heat or cold recommended for something like this?  Thank
you!
hi,it's about 6-8 weeks,Anti-inflammatory such as Ibuprofen will help to release the swelling,Initial treatment should consist of an ice pack,but,now use hot pack for circulation.the gentle use of the quadricep stretch,I also  recommend the use of sports support to speed up recovery time.Anyway,good luck!
Hi edwardincaly, how are you doing? Hope you are feeling better now? Yes, you might be guessing right, swelling and pain could be due to muscle strain which on contracting suddenly could cause a tear or minor bleeding. You can apply local pain gel with gentle massage and hot foment with warm water. Take, over the counter pain medication and muscle relaxant for couple of days. Keep observing for swelling, redness and consult an orthopedic doctor if it persists to get checked up. Drink lot of water and take complete rest. Do update on your progress. Take care.