Orthopedics Community
Radiating Leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Radiating Leg pain

For the past 6 months I have had radiating pain down my left leg from the hip to the ankle, This pain increases with decreasing activity, I walk in my job for 8-12 hours in a shot and this decreases the pain along with ibprofen, but if i rest for more than 4 hours the pain returns and increases alot if I actually rest for 8 hrs. Any one have any I deas this is getting old and not going away?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

You might be suffering from sciatica pain which will radiate down your legs from inside of your thigh.

The cause of sciatica is due to complications in your lower lumbar spines. With any degenerative disc disease, pinching of your nerves or other lumbar vertebra injuries you will have these complications.

You have to start with a proper examination near an orthopedician and also go for some scans and consider a proper diagnosis.

If it is sciatica then you have to start following proper ergonomics and start conservative treatment such as taking NSAIDs, warm and cold compress, steroid shots etc.

Take care!