Really bad knee pain!
ive been having really bad pain in my left knee on and off for about 6 months now. the pain is always there but some days are worse than others. when i put pressure on it, it gives way and when i walk up and down the stairs the pain gets really bad! i have put a support bandage on it and that makes it a whole lot better but it does still hurt quite abit! i do alot of horse riding and i am only 15! and i dont really want to be having knee porblems at my age. it also hurts alot when i bend my leg when sitting down as well and when i put pressure on the whole of my knee whilst kneeling. if anyone could give me some advice that would be great! thanks!
You need an evaluation by a physician. You could have a torn miniscus, however the liklihood is (because the problem comes and goes) that you simply have fluid build-up, which has to be removed with a hypodermic needle. They will examine the fluid to see if there is any blood. The procedure looks scarey, but is relatively painless. While the fluid is in there tha pain can be excruciating. I had the same problem, and when the fluid was removed, it went away, never to return.