Right Arm Fullness/Edema
I'm a 41 y/o male in good health, no previous medical hx.  Last week I noticed the vein under my right arm pit very enlarged.  As days progressed, anytime I raised my arm above 45 degrees, my arm became stiff and "full".  Almost an engourgement of fluid/blood.  Veins bulging, reddening of arm. I also have swelling just below my right clavicle.   My arm is extremely sore but no acute area of pain or injury.  Seen 4 doctors and have had an ultrasound to rule out a clot, chest xray-clear,   Right side CT with contrast showed good blood flow and no occlusions.  Everyone is stumpped.  Today my doc said he wants an MRI to check for rotator cuff injury.  I suppose that makes sense, buy I have no loss in ROM and no real acute pain in that area.  Anyone experience this or have any suggestions?  
Anterior deltoid tear/injury?   The anterior deltiod attaches at the point where I have swelling and some discoloration and is slightly painful to palpation.  Makes more sense than anything else I have been told or have seen.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed description of the symptoms or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include growths/ masses causing compression of the neuro-vascular bundle, infections, inflammations etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you for your post.  After an MRI, I was diagnosed with rotator cuff tendinosis and bursitis.  However, after another week of anti inflammatories I continue to experience some edema to the entire extremity, especially in the morning.  I also have the continued redness. Maybe I just need to give it moe time.  
Update.  After serveral tests including MRI, CT with contrast, U/S, and chest xray, they ruled out a blood clot, even thought my arm aches, is more reddish or pink than the left, and vein in my armpit continues to be distended, along with veins in arm.  Results of D-Dimer came in yesterday and they stated it was "slightly elevated" at .66.  My doc says don't worry, it's not life threatening, and take an aspirin a day and they will retest in a week.  I find it concerning that they would just say relax and wait.  Can someone help put my mind at ease here?