Orthopedics Community
Right Lateral Knee Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Right Lateral Knee Pain

Today I was working with my personal trainer. As he was helping to stretch me out, I had a terrible burning sensation on the lateral side of my right knee. We had to stop the stretching because the pain was so bad. He said that I have tight IT Bands from all the running that I do, I have recently got out of a walking cast that I've been in for three months. I stress fractured my lower left tibia while preparing for a 5K, so I've not been able to run since May of this year. That has probably contributed to my hamstrings and IT Bands being so tight. However, is the pain that I'm feeling on the lateral side of my right knee because of all the tightness? What might be causing this pain?
He may have torn some fibers. Ice, Ice , Ice