Right hip and thigh pain
HI
For at least 10 years I have been struggling with hip pain.  It started after I tore the ligaments in my right ankle and was limping for almost a yr and on and off for several yrs after until I had surgery.  I have been told that I swing my right leg when walking and don't bend my ankle to the full range I should.  THe pain in my hip is worse after sitting and sleeping on my right side.  I don't think I have slept on my right side for at least 5 yrs now.  It is getting to the point where I am taking Tylenol daily and icing every night just to get some relief.  The Tylenol isn't helping much anymore.  The pain feels like it is in my hip joint, around the back of my buttocks, into my groin, and down the outside of my thigh.  My hip also clicks and pops but not all the time and it usually hurts a lot when that happens.  Does anyone have anything similar?  Is there anything I can do to relieve this pain?  I am considering going to see a physiotherapist.  I have been to my doctor with little response.
I have very similar pain and story.  I had bad plantar fasiciatis (sp) for 2 yrs then had surgery for it, limped for a good 3 years.  I was over 300 lbs with lots of hip pain, thinking it all had to do with my weight...I dropped 100 lbs pain is worse.  I have hip arthritis and a hip bursitis.  I am 39 years young and my only option is PT and tylenol, then years from now a hip replacement that only average 15 years.  My hip pops and clicks also, I have very limited range of motion in that hip, I can't walk for to long because it will make my whole leg start to hurt.  Very depressing at times.  I hope it gets better for you.  I have been to see 3 different Orthos.  1st one said no arthritis, 2nd one said bursitis and the 3rd said I have both arthritis and bursitis.  yeah me.  Finding the right dr is hard, I feel like because of my age the dr's don't take my hip pain seriously. Good Luck.
Hello!

You should check if you had proper healing of your ankle ligaments and soft tissue after surgery as it can have complications. You would need proper scans and a follow up with an orthopedician to come to a diagnosis.

Your hip and pelvic pain can be related to your gait adjustments and gait modifications you are considering for your ankle and leg issues.

You should follow proper ergonomics and get your primary problem treated and limit any complications in your hip region.

Take pain killers intermittently till you follow up with an orthopedician.

Take care!