Right hip/groin pain after a pop while sitting cross-legged

I am a 34 year old female with fibromyalgia which I manage quite well.  It doesn't stop me from my daily life, but it does cause pain.  However, a few months ago I hurt my hip and now my physician thinks it is just fibro pain.  He referred me to a rheumatologist who also just thinks it is fibro pain, but I am not so sure.

About 6 - 8 months ago, I was sitting in bed using my laptop to do research for school (I am a nursing student).  I was sitting cross-legged ("Indian Style") and needed to reach towards the foot of the bed to grab a book.  As I was leaning forward, I sort of hyper-rotated my right hip while in the cross-legged position and it popped very loudly and hurt really bad.  It hurt for a few days but then I felt ok and just shrugged it off.

Well, since that time, the pain keeps coming and going.  It's really bizarre to me as I will have little to no pain for several days, then all of a sudden I'm in horrible pain in that hip.  It is in my groin area, inguinal, mostly and sort of follows that crease about mid-way up.

I can no longer sit cross-legged without severe pain.  If I get into that position, my hip feels like it's locking up when I try to get out.  It also hurts to sit in a recliner with my feet elevated straight out in front of me.  In general, it hurts more to sit than to walk or be active, however, after a 12 hour clinical on my feet, it sure does hurt.

Any advice for pain relief would be very much appreciated.  I have taken ibuprofen, Tylenol, aspirin all without any luck.  I've tried gently stretching it, etc, but I'm not sure it's a muscle strain.  I'm actually a bit concerned that it could be a labral tear.  Obviously I cannot diagnose myself, nor do I expect diagnosis from the internet, but I guess it boils down to this:  Could popping a hip like this while sitting cross-legged cause a hip labral tear?  

Thanks for any help.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your issues. Injuries/ tears are likely possibilities. Others that may need to be considered are dislocation/ subluxation, inflammation, nerve compression/ impigement etc. At this stage I would suggest consulting an orthopedician initially and if no ortho related cause is found, you may consult a rheumatologist. Pain medications other than those available OTC cannot be prescribed online, you may see a primary care physician or a specialist for the same.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you Dr. Kaul, this is helpful as I was trying to figure out what it could possibly be and if tear was even possible.  I have made an appointment with my GP, but unfortunately it's several weeks out.  In the mean time, I will survive!

Thanks again for your helpful reply.