Orthopedics Community
Rotator Cuff and torn ligament

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Rotator Cuff and torn ligament

I blew out the ligament and messed up my right rotator cuff and now it clicks a lot and is weak, NO PAIN ever
Had MRI w & w/o contrast.
VA wants to operate and try microsurgery which he says won't work so after 3 weeks in the VA hospital not being allowed to sleep laying down he says we'll do it again the old fashioned way which means 3 more weeks in hospital w/o laying down to sleep and another 4-6 weeks in hospital recuperating.
Anybody have better way of doing this?
AND I go to LA Fitness with a heart surgion that has same problem and he claims that at our ages (I'm 60, him high 60's) it would not heal right because blood doen't t run to that ligament.
Any recommendations?