Rudimentary cervical rib left
My Mom age is 49yrs old.Before 3yrs she fell down and her left hand thumb twisted.we consulted an orthologist and he reported as there is less ligament between the joints.Now she feels her left arm or sometimes left hand burden,including the left hand thumb.These parts are more painful when she walks or lifting any heavy object.recently we have taken cervical spine AP,LAT and Angio-64 slices .The report says as rudimentary cervical rib left and slight reduction in intervertevral disc spaces between c3 and c6 .In Angio-64 slices,everything is normal.Can you help me as how to proceed as i dont know that whether it is bone or nerves or heart problem.

This discussion is related to Rudimentary cervical rib?.
Hello!

Thoracic outlet syndrome is cause by the presence of a cervical rib, because there is compression of the artery or the plexus of nerves which supply the upper arm. The subclavian artery which supplies the blood to the upper arm and the brachial plexus which supply nerves to the upper arm are entrapped between the cervical rib and the scalenus muscle.

Compression of the brachial plexus may be identified by weakness of the muscles around the muscles in the hand, near the base of the thumb. Ask your orthopedician to check for a positive Adson’s sign.

Follow up with your orthopedician.

Take care!