Orthopedics Community
SEVERELY COMMINUTED TIBIA FRACTURE
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SEVERELY COMMINUTED TIBIA FRACTURE

Hello , My Father who is 53 yrs of age , had an accident with the car 3 months back, he had severely comminuted lower tibia fracture, it was open fracture, that day he was operated for 2 and a half hrs and bone grafting was done and plates and screws were planted, his ankle was safe fortunately. he was discharged after 4 days of surgery but he was told not to put weight for 3 months, now after 3 months he had xray done , but unfortunately on xray there is no improvement at all according to the doctor.But all fragments and plates are in the right position and allignment is also right. Doctor said that it will take more than 8 months.. Kindly help me to understand that how much is the normal healing time for severely comminuted tibial fracture in distal one third, How much should we wait more till it can be said that ITS NON UNION .IS THERE A TREATMENT OF NON UNION . PLUS LET ME KNOW THAT was IT TOO EARLY i . e 3 months TO DO XRAY FOR SUCH KIND OF FRACTURE.. SHOULD WE HAVE WAITED FOR MORE TIME BECAUSE IT REALLY DEMORALIZED MY FATHER!